Cold and dreary here in southern California. It's rained on and off pretty hard for about 24 hours now. Great day to get some writing done, but this darn work thing gets in the way sometimes. Only kidding. I love my job. And after watching Sam Mendes's new film Revolutionary Road the other night, I am more thankful than ever about loving my job. Yikes!!!
On to writing stuff: I've put my completed middle grade novel CROSSING CHALK aside for a while. Why?
1. Because I'm happy with the state it's in...
2. which means in reality it probably stinks like hot garbage,
3. and I need some major time away from it.
4. I'm waiting on 4 agents' responses, 3 of them have fulls, 1 has 3 chapters.
5. I've started 2 other middle-grade novels (titles are on the right hand column of this blog under Working On) and I can't wait to really get into them or at least one of them.
I think there's no easy way to approach a new story that's been evolving in your mind and needs to be released. Maybe the best thing to do is dive in, head first. So I'm going to do that and hope I don't drown.
Here's a couple other things I want to mention:
1. Ben Esch is cool. Check out his website and forthcoming debut YA novel Sophomore Undercover. Also, play the video game on his website. It's fun and not easy. Still wondering where those three hours went yesterday.
2. Paul Michael Murphy is also cool. He teaches, he writes, he's funny. Reminds me of someone else I know.
Lastly: If you like this blog, you can follow it. Check out the follow option on the right-hand column.