Anita has tagged me with this awful survey, which makes me want to yank out my arm hairs one by one with tweezers. I loathe these question/answer posts in which someone else tags you to make you feel included or cool or just plain annoyed (that would be you, Anita). Sorry to sound like the cranky neighbor ("Get off my lawn"), but, really, my life is better without answering arbitrary questions about myself. If this were a Getting To Know The Author questionnaire for my debut novel, that would be one thing, but Five Snacks I Enjoy? Really? Who gives a hoot!
Where were you five years ago?
Sitting in the same desk I'm at now, typing on a computer, but doing something far more productive than answering questions like this.
Where would you like to be five years from now?
Sitting in a similar desk at home, typing on a computer, while writing a novel in which I'm getting paid to write.
What is/was on your to do list today?
Grade papers. Distribute a difficult open-book quiz covering the last three parts of The Trojan War. Grade quiz. Read Writer's Digest, SCBWI Bulletin. Read more of Bovine. Wow, is that book long! Fast read though.
What five snacks do you enjoy?
2. Apples (no joke)
4. Soft Cookies
5. Coffee (yes, it's a snack)
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Take care of my family (all of them), including a nice fat diamond ring for my wife. Why not? I have billions more.
2. Donate millions to charities (my choices)
3. Start a publishing company, one which only publishes YA, Middle Grade, and picture books. (It would be freaking awesome to give a greenlight on a book and take it through the process--with hired guns, of course.). Seriously, what else am I going to do, sit around and get fat? No thanks.
4. Donate other stuff to charities, like computers, books, food, clothing, shoes, medical supplies, toilets, not just money)
5. Design my own house on a massive lot that I never have to mow.